11.08.2011

{Update} 365 Days of His Word Challenge

I haven't done a post on the challenge since I started it. Let me tell you what, it has been such an absolute blessing. I feel like I'm learning so much. This is a much better "book" to be reading than anything else. For example, I signed out about 6 books from the library a few weeks ago (yes, I'm a nerd). I would start one, read a chapter, & then my interest would fade. Nothing seemed to reel me in. Which is odd, so odd. I am a lover of books. I read a book a day if I can. So why was I having such a difficult time finding a book that would hook me and keep me interested?

The book I need to be reading is the Bible. And if my time is devoted to reading a fictional book about 2 people meeting, avoiding love, then living happily ever after, then I'm not reading the Bible.

God knew exactly what I needed when He led me to Kelly @ Fly with Me and her amazing proposition to read through the entire Bible in one year. I'm in a valley right now and the only way I know how to get out of it is by seeking God. Studying His word. Searching for His plan.

Every morning I start my day with the good book in hand (through my iphone) and marvel at the knowledge that is right there at my fingertips.

I was more than frustrated last week when my Bible app wasn't working and each morning it would tell me the server was down and I couldn't do my reading. Slowly, I began to feel comfortable with just getting out of bed when the alarm went off and going about my day. It was horrible. I wasn't starting my day the right way, I was going back to my old habit of pushing the Bible out of my plan. Instead of checking every morning, I just started to ignore it. So completely wrong of me.

I need His word. Daily.
Saturday I snuggled myself right up with a cup of coffee & caught up on my reading.


I pray that those of you who are doing the plan are finding it rewarding and encouraging to read about God's promise to us. And those of you who are interested in starting the yearly plan, I'd love to hear from you. We'd   love to have you join us. I promise you won't be disappointed.






4 comments:

Shasta said...

Through my new church's website (since I just moved it's new to me, lol) they have a 2 year bible study that I'm doing. I JUST started yesterday. Talk about coincidence!!

... said...

What a great idea! I need to do this!

Unknown said...

this is a great idea - i have just started rereading the bible cover to cover but sometimes life gets so distracting ... thank you for giving me the renewed desire to be better at it. time to stop looking at blogs and go read :)

http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/

Ross said...

We all need to focus on our reading of the word. It can be so easy just promise yourself that your going to do your reading for the day but you end up not doing it. We need to stay disciplined and focus on it every day. We all need the challenge in my opinion.