8.01.2012

Eat {Taco Casserole}

Friends, I'm whooped! A good whooped though. A whooping of a day full of fun with the GLOW girls. Our beach trip was rescheduled to yesterday, so I'm taking it easy today. (can't wait to share about our oodles of fun!) Which probably involves a lot of USA chanting at my TV. Yea, I'm that person. So while I watch my eyelids TV, enjoy this delicious recipe that's perfect for a delivery meal to a family in need of dinner for whatever reason. Hey, look at that. I'm tired. And I'm sharing a meal that could be perfect for delivering to a tired person. Hmmm. I'll be awaiting it's arrival around 6 tonight! Y'all are too sweet!

..................................................

I’ve shared my Taco Ring recipe before and it was pretty popular so I thought I would share how I adapted it to fit a different need. Say perhaps when you are giving it to a family that is in need of quick, easy meals. You want to make something that isn’t pasta because that’s what they always seem to get. But you don’t want to make it a difficult recipe & requiring the family to wrap each crescent roll seems a bit to tedious for me.

DSCN6308 2DSCN6298DSCN6299DSCN6301DSCN6302DSCN6305

You’ll need:

2 packs of crescent rolls
1 lb cooked ground beef
taco seasoning
a few cups shredded cheese
crushed Doritos
lettuce
sour cream
salsa
tomatoes

What you’ll do:

>Lay the first container of crescent rolls along the bottom of your pan & sprinkle with cheese.
>Mix your beef with the taco seasoning, cheese, & a tablespoon of water
>Spread meat mixture over crescent layer
>Cover with the second container of crescent rolls.
>Sprinkle with more cheese & Doritos
>Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
>Serve with your favorite sides, such as lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc.



2 comments:

Brianna said...

That looks AMAZING!!! Thanks for the great idea!

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

yum!