5.21.2014

This Gift.

I’m not sure where to start this post… My emotions are all over the place. How has a whole year passed.

DSC_0001

It went so fast, yet so slow. Is that even possible. To feel like it was only yesterday that my water broke & this 6 pound baby entered my life..but also feel like it’s been years & years since that day.

This beautiful gift.

IMG_4013

A little girl who has faced more during her short life than most.

A little girl who can only be described as a miracle. A sweet & precious miracle.

A little girl that was used in mighty ways from the moment she was born. Used for His glory from her first breath.

A little girl so perfect & strong. So very strong.

IMG_8046

With the pretty eyes & smile that consumes her entire face.

With the tiny little toes that curl when I rub her back.

With the reddest hair & one random strand that’s longer than all the rest.

With the chubbiest thighs & ankles.

With two (sharp) teeth that she flashes when she grins.

IMG_5190
A testimony, so powerful, at the smallest of ages.

A testimony that reached far beyond our tiny family of three.

A testimony full of mountains, valleys, & depths so deep.

A testimony that I can’t wait to share with her. And hear her share in the years to come.

_DSC9610
Emma, I am so incredibly blessed to be your mama.

It’s amazing & undeserving.

It’s long days, long nights & an abundance of smiles, giggles, & smooches.

It’s more than I could have ever dreamed. More than I could have ever imagined.

This love I have for you doesn’t compare to the love I thought I’d have for you. It’s so, so much more. And different.

Actually holding you in my arms. And calling you my own. And hearing you say ma-ma.

It’s breathtaking. You’re breathtaking.

IMG_8040

Emma Joy. All consuming jubilation.

It’s a perfect match.

A very accurate description of who you are.

My joy.

My heartbeat on the outside.

My daily reminder of His love. His grace. His mercies.

music - Take Heart : Hillsong

{I made a little video of E’s first year..and I cried during the process more times than I’d like to admit.]

I love you sweet girl!

Thank you for making this life a million times brighter!

1 comment:

Katie said...

happy birthday emma!! it's so crazy she is one! and I cry all the time looking at baby pictures. can't imagine my tears that will come in two months. what a beautiful baby girl you have and what a beautiful mama you are. she is so lucky to have you!!
forlaurenandlauren.blogspot.com