2.20.2012

Ladies Night Out

Every month my church holds a Ladies Night Out! A different theme is picked for each one. We’ve had card-making, blanket making, apple pie making, movie watching, cookie exchanging. And this month the theme was tea partying!!

DSCN5561

Of course my friends & I instantly thought fancy dresses & over-the-top hats! It’s what any natural 20-something would think when they hear tea party, right? We were originally thinking prom dresses, but none of us were 100% positive we could still fit into those, so we didn’t want to risk that mortifying experience. 

Instead we just went with some cocktail dresses. But you better believe we still went for outrageous hats!
We picked up some gardening hats at JoAnn’s, along with flowers, feathers, and for me…a bird! Then we had some fun putting them together over chocolate covered fruit!

IMG_1342

IMG_1340IMG_1341















Then we picked out our dresses & went with smiles to the tea party!

DSCN5575

DSCN5573DSCN5574







DSCN5557


Each table host decorated their table any way they wanted too! We were at my pastors wife's table & her china was seriously so beautiful. I’m totally honest when I say I never really understood the whole “You must register for fancy china for your wedding so it can sit in a cabinet and collect dust” hype. But it was so fun to see the different styles of ladies china. And maybe, just maybe, I’ll someday have china to display in a cabinet.

Here was our table…

DSCN5546

And here were the other tables…

DSCN5547DSCN5550DSCN5551DSCN5552DSCN5553DSCN5554DSCN5555DSCN5568DSCN5570



































































































































Of course we had to vote on our favorite table, and here was the winner. (which I forgot to snap a picture of the entire table put together)…

DSCN5556

It was fun. And the food was great.

DSCN5558

DSCN5560
DSCN5562
DSCN5565

Except for these…

DSCN5559

They were definitely delicious, but I felt like a piggy because I ended up eating about 6 of these “tea” sandwiches. But if they would have given me the whole sandwich, I would have eaten 1 and felt much better about myself! Us girls were left asking where the crust leftovers were…

These were the fab ladies at my table!

DSCN5577
Tree/Rene/Sara/Kristan


DSCN5578DSCN5580DSCN5581DSCN5582DSCN5586DSCN5588
















DSCN5589

My best friends.

No comments: