3.05.2012

Let's get back on track.

Hey friends!
I know you're all thinking about how busy could I really be that I haven't blogged much in the past 2 weeks.
I wondered too. 
But then I actually sat down this morning & thought about it.

I had the GLOW event. 
Which included planning, setting up, doing, tearing down, making a video, sharing, etc.
(That post is coming soon!!)

I had Lexi's basketball game.
Hubs & I went to dinner with friends.
Next day, we went to Buffalo & shopped.
Thursday I had bible study & seek.
Friday I met with my pastor. (can't wait to share that with you)
We had the Bridge.
I went to Waterloo with my friend.
Had church, a birthday party, soccer game, & leadership meeting yesterday.

And today, I stayed in bed so I could start & finish the final book in The Hunger Games series.
It was nice. To just not have any commitments. To be able to snuggle up with a great book & my coffee. Block the outside world. And just read.

But now it's back to reality. 
Back to the business!
I wouldn't have it any other way though.





I was feeling rather guilty for not posting much. And when I told a sweet friend of mine that, she told me something pretty simple, yet so important. 

"It's good for life to take over on occasion! :) We're here to live our lives. Not just to write about a life we wish we were living."
(thanks Rushelle)

Could there be any truer words?
I don't write this blog for followers. Or for you all to fawn over my post.
I write it because I want to make an impact. I want to record my story. 
Neither of those things will happen if I'm not actually living a life outside of the commitment to this blog.
I felt like things were becoming planned or scheduled. Like I had to make ya'll happy and write some superficial post just so you would remember I was here. 
That's not the case anymore.
And if that means I take the week off to live life, then that's what I'll do.

Lucky for you, that means I'll have some great stories to share when life slows a little and I have the time to write them up!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I agree, I write just for me and if people want to read it that's great. Sometimes I have a lot to write about and sometimes I have very little and that's okay!