4.15.2013

Baby E. 29 Weeks

{30 weeks today!!}

29 weeks 3 edited

Baby E’s Stats

Baby: “Experts” are calling her a squash, which is about 2.5 pounds and 15 inches long. She’s also having bursts of energy because of the muscle growth & the depositing of white fat cells depositing under her skin! Now…let me tell you specifically about my little miss E. Our ultrasound tech said she weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces…{GASP}. According to the method that the baby weight will triple by birth, I’m looking at a 10 pound baby. Ohhh sweet heavens I’m praying she cuts mama some slack and doesn’t really gain that much!!

Sleep: Actually got quite a few decent nights this week!! Besides getting up to use the bathroom & the constant tossing & turning, it was a good week sleep wise.

Clothing: I bought a black maxi skirt for super cheap at Kohls. It’s not maternity but I’m hoping it will work for the next 2 months! The weather is finally getting nicer, so I need to call on some friends to share their longer dresses with me!

Food Cravings/Aversions: I could have pepper on everything. There I said it. I ‘m loving pepper. Weird. And Walmart hot bar now has jalapeño poppers & you better believe I’ll be checking those out daily weekly!

Symptoms: My ankles, feet, & lower legs are so swollen on Sundays & Mondays. Mainly because I’m on my feet all weekend at church. By Tuesday night they look a little more like normal. I’m hoping it stays this way & I’m not a 24 hour cankle queen. I’m still getting Braxton hicks, they aren’t intense at all but they definitely make me stop a minute to catch my breath.

Movement: Still a little mover & shaker!!! I’m not complaining, except for when she decides to set up camp so far on my right side it feels as though my stomach is going to split open. She must be stubborn, because my attempts at getting her to move don’t always work!

Doctor’s Appointment: We had our 3d ultrasound & it was weird & awesome all mixed into one. It was amazing to see her and her features but it also made me feel like she looked a little alienish in there. Sue me if you think I’m crazy, but I really don’t have any better clue about what she will look like when she’s born from the pictures we got! We did find out that she is completely bald still!! I’m calling that a win for now, no fluorescent red curls yet. {I really need to share a pic of the hubby as a baby with you guys sometime!} Besides finding out she weighs in the 65% percentile already, we got the reassurance that she is still growing healthy and strong!

Gender: GIRL!! We are overcome with joy! If you missed our announcement, you can see it here. She will be our little Emma.

Best Moment of the Week: Definitely getting to see Emma!! Yes, even though I have mixed feelings about the “weirdness” of the 3d, it was so fun to peek into her world for a few minutes! When she kicked & I could actually feel it AND see it on the screen, that was the coolest! We also had a pretty powerful God moment this week…—>

Thoughts: This week started off pretty rough again. I have felt like we have been in such a deep pit. Seriously my heart has been messy and screwed up for the past few weeks. I was letting my doubts and stress take over. People were getting concerned & it felt as though, someone was telling me to relax daily. And no it wasn’t always my husband, although he is probably so ready for these hormones to change a little since I cry at the drop of a hat, all he has to do is look at me, ok not even me, just look in general and I’d start crying. It’s annoying. Especially for someone who is already a crier. This has just magnified it. But God, my friends, is constant & everlasting! Through my ugliness, He has shown us that we are almost out of this deep hole. We are almost ready to walk through the light at the end of the tunnel & shut the door on our way out! I’ll share more later this week, but let me just say….we won’t be bringing baby home to live in our car! It’s amazing how even with my doubt & anxiety, God chose to bless us. That He chose to reveal part of our story to us.

309264_10151040006300893_583533204_n

 

1 comment:

Ruthie Hart said...

30 weeks?! How did this happen? You are glowing!! I must see Emma's 3d pics!! Will be praying for a calm and patient heart the next few weeks since you guys will be BUSY!!!!!