9.11.2011

Today

10 years ago, I was waiting for the bell to ring to signal the end of second period. Over the loud speaker, our principal came on to tell us the news. I went to 3rd period, Tech-Drawing, and spent the entire period glued to the TV. I had on a yellow shirt and jeans. It was a long day. We watched it in every class & tried to make sense of what had just happened.

People say why do you feel the need to share? Why do you think people care where you were? Do people really think we could forget?

For those people, I say. It's not about you. This is a tragedy that happened in my own lifetime. An event that changed the course of our lives. It will forever be in our memories, our hearts.

That's why we talk about it. That's why we share. That's why our response is always "Never Forget."

Because my heart breaks for those that lost their lives. Those that lost loved ones. Those that ran into burning buildings to save lives. The firemen, police men, port authority officers, paramedics. The civilians that risked their lives to help. The service men & women who are fighting to keep us safe.

Would I have done the same?
Would you?

This sweet girl wrote a precious letter for her daddy. Who died in the events of 9/11. I can't begin to imagine the pain her little heart felt or the pain her mommy must have felt having to explain something so tragic to a young girl.



It's a comfort to know that when I say goodbye to my family, it will not be for forever.
I will spend eternity with them in Heaven, this little angel will get to see her daddy again.


I pray that those of you who were directly affected on this day 10 years ago, find peace today.
That you are able to celebrate in the memories you have of your loved ones.
That you know, we won't forget.



No comments: