4.10.2012

It is well…

Sunday was a pretty great day. And by pretty great, I mean such a special & powerful day. We like to call it the “super-bowl” of Christianity. It’s the day that our Lord & Savior rose from the dead & ascended to Heaven. It’s the celebration of all of our sins being washed away.

Forgiven.

If you don’t call that amazing, then I’m not sure where you are headed when you leave this world.

Source: google.com via Liz on Pinterest


We deserve death. We did not deserve Jesus’ death. Nope. Not one bit. But we serve a God who set us free from all of that.

I can’t fathom it really. That me, a sinner, who messes up daily…has a God that went before me. Who completely erased my failures. Who completely set me free.

“Living He loved me. Dying He saved me.”


Source: tumblr.com via Liz on Pinterest


My pastor shared his message in the form of Peter & his actions. About how Peter doubted Jesus. He struggled with completely trusting Jesus.

Isn’t that a lot like our stories? Don’t we struggle with those same things? We think we know better than Jesus? That we know what will happen, or won’t?

Jesus tells us things. And we still question.

What is that about?

It frustrates me. It saddens me. It completely brings me to tears.

That I could ever doubt my King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

That’s what I’m focusing on this year friends.

My doubt.

I want to look back next Easter & be able to say

Source: etsy.com via Liz on Pinterest


If you’d like to listen to the sermon, go here.
………………………………

The hubby & I spent most of the day after church, just us. And it was perfect. I totally crave that alone time with him. We picked up some Burger King for lunch & then had pizza for dinner. Nothing fancy, nothing elaborate. Just uninterrupted time together.

With the weight of what Jesus did for us on our hearts.

DSCN6098DSCN6099

2 comments:

Katie said...

glad you had such a good day together! I love your dress - you are so cute!

Emmy Lou x said...

i love your blog its great

and all that you talk about

check my page out if you get the chance thanks x

http://everydaylifeofanorinarygirl.blogspot.co.uk/