6.27.2012

Threads by The Shine Project

When I started blogging 2 years ago as simply a teacher, I had no idea the relationships I would soon have. I simply wrote to share what I was doing in my classroom. And now that I have moved on from sharing that aspect of my life, I have found that there are genuine & true women all over the world that are eager to make a difference. Ashley is one of them. Her heart and passion are something I admire & respect. I’m amazed at all that she does for those that desperately need it. And now she is kicking off something so awesome that I am giddy with excitement! (which is mighty hard to contain since I technically can’t buy anything until July 2) But…that doesn’t mean I won’t be purchasing some bracelets for my GLOW girls very soon!
This is what Miss Shine herself says to describe this new adventure…

Threads is a cause driven business that changes the future of at risk youth. They come from various backgrounds, but all have one thing in common, they want to break the cycle. By employing them, we instill values of self reliance and hard work. They are paid fair wages for the bracelets they make, and in turn are able to pay their way through school. Many of Threads employees are first generation college students. They dream of becoming nurses, broadcasters, writers and engineers.
Your purchase will directly impact a student. Even beyond financial support, your belief in them is a symbol of hope and trust that they can achieve what for so long seemed impossible. By purchasing Threads you are wearing more than just a bracelet, you are wearing change.

You can purchase here & you can enter to win $50 shop credit here

Get excited friends, people we “know” are changing the world. Don’t you want to be part of that?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

thank you SO much for sharing our new THREADS project... Seriously, the kids and I appreciate support like this more than I can even express. Thanks for being the change :) xoxoxoxo

Ashley.
Shine on.