8.21.2012

A New Chapter.

All the time!

Today, I head back to a day job. After a year of being able to sleep in and fill my days with anything I want and follow whatever pace I wanted, I am heading back to a “9-5” and to say that I’m thrilled is an overstatement. Let me explain. I want to be a stay at home mom. So badly I want to just be a mama. To love on babies that are my own. Not that I don’t mind showering my friends little ones and my sisters with tremendous amounts of love and attention, but I ‘m just ready to have the mom title. Most people that know me, completely see this. But my closest friends, those are the ones that have seen the tears and the hurt when I think about where my life is right now. It’s amazing. That’s what it is. I don’t want this to seem as a whoa is me type post. And I certainly don’t want you to think that I’m unhappy with my life. Completely not the case. My relationship with my husband is at the point that I’m speechless on a way to explain the level we are at. To finally understand what a God designed marriage is & then to actively seek one, is the stuff that makes your knees weak. Devotions and prayer time at night. Genuine kisses and smiles throughout the day. I can’t complain. My man has REALLY stepped it up in his husband role and I’m so proud of how hard he works. Which is why it’s time for me to do the same. I want my life to take a certain turn, but the situation we are in right now just wouldn’t be ideal for that to happen. So, I’m heading back into the classroom. I thought that opportunity would never come & to be quite honest I was hoping it never would, but God’s ways are not my own. And a wonderful Christian school posted a job opening. Under the encouragement of my dear friend and pastor’s wife, I applied. I interviewed. I got the job. It’s for kindergarten. The one grade I have admittedly refused to even consider. Yet here I am, excited to fill my days with runny noses and untied sneakers. I’m nervous. Not only because school starts in less than two weeks & I have no plans written or even have a clue what I’m supposed to be teaching, but because this is very new to me. Yes, I am a teacher. I taught in public school. This is bound to be very different. And I don’t want to let people down. Especially not the parents that are paying to send their children to me to provide a faith-based education. Am I wise enough? Do I know enough about the bible? Can I recite a thousand verses? Will I succeed? Of course those seeds of doubt are sneaking their way into my head. I’m reassured by the fact that this is exactly where God has placed me. He knows what lies ahead. This is simply one step in that end goal of being a stay at home mom. Those other steps I mentioned last week? One of them is something that I just don’t feel as though needs to be explained in detail on this public blog. Just know that something I’ve been doing & loving has become an even larger blessing my my life. An added bonus to my passion, you could claim. I also plan on continuing with my Thirty-One business through Christmas. I have had a lack of motivation to book parties or recruit these past few months & I feel as though before I throw in the towel, I need to attempt to at least have a successful Christmas season with the company. After that, we’ll see what happens. Another amazing new adventure is working for a close friend of mine. You might know her from the pictures you see around this blog. The professional ones that literally make you catch your breathe. She has asked me to help her with marketing and general assisting. Of course I agreed! I’m continuing to work with my friend Amanda as her virtual assistant and I just joined The Shine Project’s team as a volunteer.

If you’ve read to this point go ahead and pat yourself on the back. Thank you. And also maybe your eyes are glazing over and your wondering how I am going to maintain this life, this very busy life? With His grace. Seriously. Every single thing that I am taking on, has a special place in my heart and I think that when you have passion, you have tremendous power.

With all of these new jobs & GLOW & my husband & my family & my friends & my sleep, I might be missing a little from here at times. As much as I’d like to say I will keep up with posting, I simply can’t. And I won’t. I don’t want to write something just because I need to fill this space so you’ll keep coming back for more. Reaching the end of this particular “journey” is much more important to me than how many people follow me through gfc or how many subscribers I have.

So with all of that, thank you for following along on this thing I called life. I promise to keep you updated as often as I can & if you just can’t manage to live without me, follow along on twitter and instagram. (my twitter account is private for numerous reasons but don’t let that discourage you from requesting to follow. More than likely your name isn’t on the “need to be private” list)



4 comments:

Anni S said...

"For with God all things are possible"

I wish you all the best for this new life :) it sounds exciting, stressful as well. But I´m sure you are doing the right thing!

God bless you!

Smooches from Germany
Anni

Ruthie Hart said...

I am excited for you Liz! I love that you are following God's word in your marriage, career, future as a mommy. I think you will do more than wiping runny noses and tying shoes...you are going to set the foundation for these kiddos lives in learning!

Alli said...

I don't know your full story, but I can honestly say that I've been in your shoes. I've always known what God created me for. He created me to be a mom. It was that simple. I was created to be a mom. And I was scared that it wouldn't happen. Worried beyond belief. Not that my husband and I were trying, we were just living life and loving each other and learning to be who each other needed to be together.

Finally I gave it all to Him, and now He's blessed us with our first little one. This little girl is a complete miracle and I'm excited to see how God uses her in our family and how He shapes me to fulfilling my dream of being a mother, and hopefully I'll be the mother He created me to be.

Claire said...

Catching up on this post after you referenced in your latest post... Liz, I'm amazed by the woman you are! I love seeing that you & Mike have stayed close to God and are trusting and following Him. It's so encouraging to me!