1.08.2013

Baby So Far.

8 weeks edited12 Weeks edited29 Weeks 2 edited
IMG_3221 edited
IMG_3367 edited

IMG_3375 edited
BABY E’S STATS!


Due Date: June 24, 2013

Baby's size: Avocado

How far along: 16 weeks! (I promise I’ll start pestering Mr. until he will take better quality pictures!!)

Sleep: So much tossing and turning. I thought I was a side sleeper, which made me think this whole sleep only on the left side thing would be a breeze. But I’m discovering I actually prefer my right side or my back. And when I’m on my back I start feeling nauseous.

Maternity Clothes: I'm rocking the leggings these days. A girls gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Although I should admit that when I do decide to squeeze my giant self into my jeans, the belly band is my best friend. Seriously. Every pregnant woman needs one.

Food cravings: Just to do a catch up on cravings since I’m almost 4 months along & there have been plenty! I could NOT get enough turkey salad around Thanksgiving. I wanted it more than I wanted the actual turkey dinner. I want chicken wings all the time, but I don’t know if I can really claim that as a craving since I would have eating chicken wings all time before I found out I had a little pumpkin growing. Right now I am seriously addicted to clementine's. I. Can’t. Get. Enough. Oh and French Onion Soup. Get in my belly please.

Food aversions:
Left-overs. It’s not that I won’t eat them, but I can’t exactly stand the smell of them. Like Chinese. I love me some Chinese, but don’t make me open the container on day 2 or I might lose my cookies.

Symptoms I HAVE: I was really hoping to avoid this but……. my sciatica is giving me trouble. It’s not all the time and it’s definitely not super intense. But it’s just dull enough to bother me. Also nasty skin. It’s worse then when I was 13. Praying that it passes quickly.

Doctor’s Appointment: Today!!! We are seeing the ultrasound technician for measurements & fingers crossed little bit will spread legs nice and wide with a shot of who he or she is!!

Movement: Is it gas or is it baby? That is the question…

Belly Button: Still in.

Gender: Hopefully next time I write this I’ll be able to tell you!!

Best moment of the week: Finally getting to see and hear baby last week!! I can’t even describe the feelings!! And celebrating hubby’s 28th birthday! So cool to think that this is the age he’ll be when we welcome our first child!!

What I’m looking forward to: Finding out gender and feeling those kicks!!

What I miss: Not having to pee every half hour. And clear skin, definitely missing my non-pimply skin.

Thoughts: I feel like I belly popped really quickly. Right when I first found out I really wanted to have a bump, so I might have pushed out a bit for pictures. Or it could have been a food belly. But now, now I’m not pushing at all and it’s definitely loud and proud. I’m not complaining. I think I’m one of the rare ones who will actually love this belly. It has so much meaning! I’m not saying I won’t ever complain about it or the fact that nothing fits, but I’m going to try my absolute hardest to embrace every change that comes! I will admit that I’ve felt the need to rub my belly on occasion just so anybody who doesn’t know the news won’t be thinking “wow, Liz really needs to cut back on the twix ice cream bars.”

4 comments:

Allison said...

I started to have really bad sciatic pain during my pregnancy and I found prenatal yoga and lots of stretching took care of it. Doing both of those things I went my entire pregnancy with little to no pain. I highly recommend it!!

Whitney Tomlin said...

STRETCH! My sciatica was so bad i could not WALK! And I started stretching and its made all the difference

Claire said...

um could you be ANY cuter?!!?!

Eden Marie said...

how exciting! just stumbled upon your site! can't wait to read more!