1.07.2013

Baby’s First Picture & Mr’s Birthday


IMG_3368 edited

…last Wednesday was one of the most amazing days of my life.

We  FINALLY got to hear our babies heartbeat & see little bug! There are seriously no words to even describe how amazing it was. Our little love was waving to us. As if to say, “it’s about time you saw me!”
Because of different reasons, I wasn’t able to actually see my midwife until I was 15 weeks along. 15 weeks is an extremely long time to wait for that confirmation. I can’t lie and say that I wasn’t consumed with fear sometimes. It was definitely there and overwhelming. As much as I’d like to say I trusted that everything was fine, it was hard to let it go. There has been so much prayer over this baby, not just by Mike and I but by our friends and family. God was certainly faithful with an excellent appointment and a very active baby. Nerves were calmed when I got to watch little bug doing flips and waving hi!

Something about seeing your precious baby for the first time to finally make it feel real. There are 3 of us now.

DSC_0087

What better way to celebrate this handsome guys birthday than with the confirmation that our little peanut is growing healthy and strong?! I’m so excited for what this year holds for this guy!! He is going to be such an amazing daddy! Is it possible to be more excited to see him become a dad than myself become a mama? Is that what love is? If it is then by golly, I am head over heels for him. This is the year that he will meet his first born. The year that he will hold and rock the best gift ever. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you Mr. You are such a pure man of God & it’s an amazing honor to do life with you! Am I getting mushy enough for you all? I just can’t help it! The growth I’ve seen take place since this guy’s birthday last year is incredible & I want to shout it from the rooftops just how special he is!!!

I mean how can I not love a man who let’s this sweet angels bow eat his face?

DSC_0093

Happy Birthday love.
You, hands-down, make my life a million times better.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Finally catching up on some blog reading congrats. I am so happy for you and the hubs and glad that baby is doing well. I totally know what you mean about the relief of hearing the heart beat and seeing baby for the first time. I can't believe you had to wait so long though. That would be so very hard!!